Leadership & Organizational Development
Our Integrated Approach
We believe that an integrated approach is the most effective way to develop the leadership and vision needed to take your organization to the next level of success.
High-impact leadership: leadership skills and abilities:
- Leadership skills assessment
- Effective communication and leadership skills to ensure appropriate support to all staff in achieving the goals at all levels: corporate, departmental, team and individual;
- Understanding of the change management process;
- Conflict resolution;
- "Straight talk"/Difficult Conversations;
- Creation of a culture of leadership development, where leadership skill development is institutionalized in all employee development, and systems are in place to identify and further develop those with high potential.
Significant challenges face your teams and their leaders: as your teams are most likely highly interdependent with complex relationships and working toward common goals with imperfectly matched values and different ideas about how they ought to do things. Teams must be able to:
- Understand the value and components of performing complex tasks requiring a high degree of interdependence and cooperation among group members;
- Identify symptoms of destructive or counterproductive activity;
- Prescribe and initiate actions to move the team toward high performance.
High staff performance
Understanding and alignment across all staff around the plan, priorities, focus and the teamwork required to effectively accomplish the goals and objectives, including:
- Individual leadership…taking initiative;
- Understanding of the "big picture" for the office;
- Clear understanding of their individual role and responsibilities in contributing to accomplishment of the plan;
- Conflict resolution;
- Communication, team, and technical skills to successfully make their contribution.
Highly effective systems
Systems that support successful achievement of the plan:
- Clearly articulated Performance Support System;
- Compensation System aligned with Performance Support System;
- Clear position descriptions and accountabilities;
- Ability to measure improvement achieved through key initiatives.
Creation/refinement of strategy and tactics are critical to guiding where you need to go and how you are going to get there.